Talking Therapy for Autistic Adults Barnet (TTAAB)
This service was developed out of a need for autistic adults to have access to a specialised talking therapy that recognises, understands and welcomes neurodiversity while offering support for mental health.
We offer free talking therapy for autistic adults struggling with their mental health. The therapy service is managed by Mind in Enfield and Barnet and delivered with our partner Resources for Autism.
The service is funded by Learning Disabilities and Physical and Sensory Impairment Joint Commissioning Team and NHS North Central London Integrated Care Body.
What we offer?
We offer up 16 face to face or online free talking therapy sessions in Barnet on Mondays/Tuesdays between 10am – 4pm.
The sessions are offered at two locations in Barnet: The Mind in Enfield and Barnet office (N12) and the Resources for Autism office (NW11).
We want to make our therapy service as accessible as possible to autistic adults. We will discuss any reasonable adjustments of our service at referral stage, at the start and during the therapy.
Who is it for?
To be eligible for this free talking therapy service, you need to meet the criteria below:
- Be 18+
- Be living, studying or working in the London Borough of Barnet
- Have a diagnosis of autism (No learning disability). We, however, do not exclude referrals from people who have autism and learning difficulties such as ADHD, dyslexia, dyspraxia, dyscalculia etc.)
- Experience mental health issues (anxiety, depression and other) – no diagnosis required
- Be willing and able to engage in talking therapy
- Be able to attend face-to-face or online sessions in Barnet independently.
- Not be in crisis (no serious safeguarding risks or concerns)